Home > Belgium > West Flanders > Westhoek > Villa Eclectica
Villa Eclectica – Diksmuide
Self catering accommodation with the option of bed and breakfast that is contemporary yet laid back, stylish yet comfortable – the ideal place to escape with family, friends or someone special.
Set in an elegant Eclectic villa just 15 kmfrom the sea and 17 km from Ypres this guest house in Diksmuide 8600 has three modern suites, each designed to the highest standards with luxurious bedrooms, a spacious bathroom and a fully equiped kitchen.
Diksmuide is situated in the heart of the Flemish Westhoek on the river Yser, a simply astonishing holiday destination.
Cloth weaving and butter manufacturing made the city of Diksmuide rich in the previous centuries. Picturesque locations and the surprising heritage sites are still witnesses of these traditions, and you can discover many of them by taking the City Link Walk (http://toerisme.diksmuide.be/Pdf-brochure%20english/default.aspx?id=1547) which takes you though the historical city centre. You will walk past the Town Market Place with its famous Little Man in the Moon and Town Hall, the Beguinage, the old Fish Market, Saint-Nicholas Church, the Kleine Dijk and Grote Dijk (former quays), the old Flower Mills and the marina Portus Dixmuda.
Countless monuments, cemeteries and trenches also take you back to the horrors of the First World War, the Great War of 1914-1918. The Trench of Death and the Ysertower bring the old front line back to life and the statues of the Grieving Parents bear a message of peace.
Endless vistas invite you to walk, hike or cycle through the surroundings or take a boat trip on the river Yser. You will discover charming villages, open spaces and nature reserves, and notice the creative and innovative techniques used in ancient farmhouses.
The fresh air is a sure recipe for a relaxed peace of mind, but epicures and gourmands will quickly discover the local specialties and treat themselves to some well deserved coziness. The many events in the region are perfect for this!
In short: Diksmuide, only 15km away from the North Sea shore and dunes, is a perfect mix of nature, culture and sheer enjoyment! We bid you welcome to our Buttercity Diksmuide and the Westhoek!
Living room with open, fully equipped kitchen:
- combi oven
- electric ceramic cooker
- espresso machine
- kitchen utensils
* Cozy sitting area with flat screen tv and docking station (for iPod, iPhone …)
First floor : 2 stylish bedrooms and a spacious bathroom
Second floor : large bedroom with 4 beds
* Bed linen, duvets and pillows are available and included
Busy season (May till September, school holidays & holiday weekends)
- weekend: €390 (from Friday 4pm till Monday 10am)
- midweek: €490 (from Monday 4pm till Friday 10am)
- week: €690 (from Friday 4pm till Friday 10am)
* Quiet season (October till April, except school holidays & holiday weekends)
- weekend: €350 (from Friday 4pm till Monday 10am)
- midweek: €450 (from Monday 4pm till Friday 10am)
- week: €610 (from Friday 4pm till Friday 10am)
*: Prices are estimates and are subject to change. For the most recent prices, please check the website of this accommodation.
Are you the owner of this accommodation? Manage your pages here.
This is the region of the World War I Memorial sites in Flanders
Other charming hotels in the area...
Diksmuide (2 km)
Westvleteren (15 km)
Oostduinkerke (16 km)
Oostduinkerke (17 km)
Veurne (17 km)
Alveringem (17 km)
Koksijde (18 km)
- Victoria Fields 9.5 – Diksmuide (1 km)
- B&B Het Midden van de Wereld – Sint Jacobskapelle/Diksmuide (3 km)
- Kasteelhoeve Viconia 9.2 – Diksmuide (5 km)
- 't Blooteland *** – Diksmuide (6 km)
- De Oude School – Lampernisse - Diksmuide (6 km)
- De Finesse 8.1 – Koekelare/Bovekerke (7 km)
- Het Schalienhof 9.3 – Veurne (8 km)
- Landgoed De Kastanjeboom – Schore Middelkerke (9 km)
- Pastorie van Merkem 10.0 – Merkem (9 km)
- De Klaproos 9.9 – Merkem (9 km)
- Bosnest 9.8 – Houthulst (10 km)
- Hemelbedje – Nieuwpoort (11 km)