Home > Belgium > West Flanders > Westhoek > Huis van de Dichter
Huis van de Dichter – Watou
In view of the 1914-1918 World War 1 commemoration, the ideal location of 'the Poet's House'makes it the perfect operating base to visit Flanders Fields, Ypres, Passchendaele and many other of the former battlefields in Belgium and France.
'The Poet's House', also known as the former parsonage of Watou, was until beginning of 2009 the house of poet Gwij Mandelinck, founder and organizer of the Poetry Festival in Watou.
The house was built in 1841 and kept through the years in its original state.
'The Poet's House' is located in the centre of Watou, a stone's throw away of the church and in complete silence and nature park at the side of the village.
The sunaimed garden with its viewpoint over the fields and the border with France, is perfect for dinners, barbecues and long conversations that can last far past sundown.
Are you looking for an adequate location for a relaxing vacation in one of the most poetic villages of Flandres? And do you want to return home charged and full of energy after a couple of days at the countryside? Then 'the Poet's House' is your best choice.
€ 50.00 - € 75.00 per night for a double room (double occupancy)
*: Prices are estimates and are subject to change. For the most recent prices, please check the website of this accommodation.
Are you the owner of this accommodation? Manage your pages here.
This is the region of the World War I Memorial sites in Flanders
Krista en Peter
Other charming hotels in the area...
Westvleteren (10 km)
Alveringem (12 km)
Veurne (22 km)
- B&B Cortewyle – Watou (0 km)
- Marjolein Guesthouse 10.0 – Poperinge (6 km)
- De Zesde Zon – Poperinge (6 km)
- De Groenen Boomgaard – Roesbrugge (7 km)
- Hofa Isera – Beveren aan den IJzer (7 km)
- Juliette – Poperinge (7 km)
- Amfora 9.8 – Poperinge (8 km)
- Hotel Recour 9.5 – Poperinge (8 km)
- Manoir Ogygia – Poperinge (8 km)
- Popshouse – Poperinge (8 km)
- Het vuurhuisje 9.3 – Westouter-Heuvelland (8 km)
- B&B Atalanta**** 8.8 – Poperinge (8 km)