The Art of Joy – Monchique
We invite you to find tranquillity in our Bed and Breakfast and Wellness `The Art of Joy´ and to enjoy the peace, great scenery, the spacious sun area with swimming pool, the amazing view from the Jacuzzi and the beautiful natural surroundings. The Art of Joy means the art of enjoying life at a beautiful spot. We are an ecolodge and provide you with water and electricity in an ecological wayOur Casa is a starting point for fun and adventurous excursions: the south coast with impressive rock formations, peaceful beaches on the west coast, tours with dolphins, picturesque villages like Silves and Caldes de Monchique and wonderful walks through the adjacent National Park of Serra de Monchique.
Children are welcome from 14 years and older to ensure the ambience of tranquillity and peace.
1. Comfortable accommodation with top quality box spring mattresses:
Four double rooms (one available for 4 persons) and two apartments. To make it comfortable for you in winter we provide in the apartments wood burning stoves and electric heaters in the B & B rooms.
There are many beautiful routes in and around The Art of Joy. The best months for hikes are in the off-season when the weather is not too warm: September through mid-June. You can: Explore the scenery on your own route descriptions or you can participate in organized walking excursions in the natural world around The Art of Joy.
3. Individual Coaching and Counselling: Coaching while walking, Massage, Palm and Tarot reading.
The Apartments are situated on the ground floor with a terrace and a comfortable view of the garden, the swimming pool and coastline. Both are tastefully decorated. The living room has an excellent sleeping sofa which allows you to bring in several quests. Kitchenette, refrigerator, electric range, microwave, an espresso machine, an electric water kettle, cd player and ventilator are included. The cool bedrooms have top quality mattresses with spring boxes plus shower, toilet and bidet. To make the apartments comfortable and cosy also in winter, we provide wood burning stoves. Due to an eventual late arrival it is possible to have a free breakfast only upon the 1ste day.
Two double room in the historic house
These cosy and comfortable double rooms are situated adjacent to lounge in the historic house and are nicely restored in January 2009. They have their own style and are furnished with box spring mattresses, shower, bath and bidet. Free coffee of the house, an electric water kettle, cups, glasses, coffee/tea/sugar, and ventilator, are found in each room. The rooms have electric heaters to keep you comfortable in winter.
A double and quarter room on the first floor
These tasteful rooms are situated on the first floor with amazing views and decorated in southern style with a balcony and a wonderful view of the garden, swimming pool and coastline. One of the rooms has an additional sleeping area for two extra guests. Both single beds have top quality box spring mattresses. A coffeemaker, an electric water kettle, bottled water, cups, glasses, coffee/tea/sugar, cd player and ventilator, are found in each room. The rooms have electric heaters to keep you comfortable even in the winter.
The rooms and apartments have wireless, towels for shower and pool and bathrobes for the jacuzzi.
Weekly rate for an apartment for two guests:
- Low season from October to May:€ 450,-
- High season from May to October: € 500,-
- For an additional guest: € 90,- per week.
Daily rate double room:
- Low season from October to May:€ 65,-
- High season from May to October:€ 75,-
Daily rate double room, used by one person:
- Low season from October to May:€ 55,-
- High season from May to October:€ 65,-
Daily rate three person room:
- Low season from October to May:€ 90,-
- High season from May to October:€ 100,-
Daily rate four person room:
- Low season from October to May:€ 115,-
- High season from May to October:€ 125,-
- Credit cards
Breakfast is included for the rooms and can be enjoyed at your leisure in the lounge or on the outside patio.
Monchique is about 3 miles from us and there you can find many facilities like supermarkets and restaurants. On the way to Monchique you will find seven restaurants, the nearest being only ½ a mile from us.
- Car park
A Parking space is on our terrain
- Disabled persons
- Internet / wireless access
*: Prices are estimates and are subject to change. For the most recent prices, please check the website of this accommodation.
Are you the owner of this accommodation? Manage your pages here.
Annelies en Eugene
Other charming hotels in the area...
- Casa da Nogueira – Amarante (48 km)
- Quinta de Ribas 10.0 – Amarante (52 km)
- Guesthouse 'Borboleta no Monte' – Vila Verde (62 km)
- Quinta dos Moinhos – Vila Nune / Cabeceiras de Basto (63 km)
- Casa Boa Vista – Ponte da Barca (64 km)
- B&B Casa Bellavista – Murganheira (77 km)
- Casa Nana – Póvoa (Cadima) (92 km)
- Charme b & b Casa de Verão 9.3 – Coja - midden Portugal (97 km)
- Quinta do Pinheiro Manso – São Geraldo, Tábua (103 km)
- Quinta da Seara – Balocas (108 km)
- Quinta da Palmeira – Arganil (112 km)
- Casa Linda – Serpins (115 km)
Experiences from previous visitors
Stay: December 2012
Written on 24 January 2013 by Rupert van Borssem Waalkes (Couple, age 35-44)
Heerlijke vakantie die je blijft herinneren. Ten eerste is het een prachtige plek met uniek uitzicht (vooral van genieten vanuit de Jacuzzi), warme ontvangst en elke dag goede wandel tips of advies voor excursies. Je hoeft je niet voor te bereiden. Uitstekende gastvrouw- en gastheer, zeer uitgebreid ontbijt met veel verse- en huisgemaakte produkten. Heerlijk afwisselend wandelgebied en geijkt om te onthaasten en bij te komen. Wij hebben in een tijd niet zo gelachen, je voelt je er meteen thuis, dankjewel Annelies en Eugene!!